Ever try to remove one of those obnoxious decals from your vehicle and you end up messing up your fingernails? You know the decals I’m talking about, right?
The ones that say “Bodybuilder on Board” or “Proud Mother of an Honor Student.” Sure, they looked cool at first, but now that you’re about to start that new high-powered job you don’t want those embarrassing decals on your car. Don’t worry, there’s an easy way to remove those pesky decals without damaging your fingernails or wasting any entire Sunday morning.
Removing a decal is actually very simple, but most people don’t know how to do it the right way. They are using the wrong tools or some method they heard about from their next-door-neighbor. It can be a waste of time if you don’t know what you are doing. Decals are a challenge to remove as they get sealed permanently onto your car from hot summer sun or harsh cold winter climate.
Despite what you may have heard, it as is not difficult to remove decals as you probably think it is. We have received countless inquiries over the years from people asking the correct way to remove a car decal.
How you ask? Simple…introducing the “Whizzy Wheel!” It’s a handy little contraption that will help you remove those ghastly decals.
Instead of taking you hours to pry those pesky stickers off, it now only takes just minutes. (You can pick your jaw up from the floor now.)
Okay, so you’re probably wondering what makes me the expert sticker remover? Simple, with our family business of over 20 years, we have had more than our share of having to constantly remove stickers off our work vehicles prior to applying new decals.
After spending years chipping away at my fingernails and wasting hours as I struggled to rip, tear or slowly peel away an old car sticker, I was certain there was an easier solution! And alas, we discovered the quickest and easiest way to remove those unsightly decals in a matter of minutes.
Below are the steps to effortlessly removing a car sticker.
● Take a deep breath as you know this is going to be a much quicker job than expected
● First cClean the surface to make sure it is free of dirt and debris, thus protecting the paint work.
● Put on some safety glasses as a pre-caution
● Next, get your standard electric drill (we find it works much better than a battery. operated drill) and connect the Whizzy Wheel using the arbor supplied.
● Turn on Power on the drill and set between 2500-4000 rpm.
● From our experienceW we suggest that you test a discrete area of your vehicle by applying the wheel to the area and moving it forward and backward across the surface.
● After the test, repeat the above step on the sticker and watch as it easily comes like magic!
It’s insanely easy to use the Whizzy Wheel for decal removal. We have had nothing but praise and positive feedback from our customers who were relieved to have their weekends free again, not to mention the fact that we saved them from ruining their fingernails!
Here are a few helpful hints so you can get superior results while using the Whizzy Wheel for car sticker removal:
● Always make certain the area is clean and free of debris.
● Always wear your safety goggles. You don’t want to harm your eyes!
● Have some fun as you will be saving lots of time and remember to do the Whizzy Dance
● Make it fun. Do a Whizzy Wheel Dance of Joy and upload it to Youtube and send it to us after successfully removing your decal. We love before and after pics!
● NEVER use a metal razor blade or window scraper to remove a decal as it will scratch your detail work, ruin your nails, and lead to possible injury.
● NEVER use the Whizzy Wheel on a re-spray, as the quality of the paintwork is not always guaranteed. Only use it on factory finished paint.
● Never use the Whizzy Wheel on plastic surfaces as it is not designed for this type of use.
● If you have any plastic surfaces with the Whizzy Wheel, you can use the Whizzy Plastic razor blade. It’s safe as won’t cut your hands and can be used on plastic or any delicate surface
● If you need to remove any remaining pieces of a decal from your vehicle, you can purchase citrus degreaser from Home Depot or Lowes or Eucalypt Oil for those who are concerned with saving the environment!
We’d love to get you started! Check out the following video on how to use the Whizzy Wheel!
Whizzy Wheel How To Video