Now that you have acquired a new car, it is time to to make it look great.
Although you may have the car make and model that you have always wanted, there may be a decal on its surface that is simply annoying or does not suit your personality. Such decals include advertising car decals, dealer decals, traffic decals, parking decals and even club membership decals.
Removing such decals does not necessarily imply that you must repaint the entire car or car part that has the decal and even if this were to be the solution, well it would be quite expensive.
In this regard, I have been receiving tones of emails from car owners seeking to know the best and cost effective way of making such decals disappear from the surfaces of their cars.
And before I continue, check out this video a customer sent to us (thanks David for the kind review) of the Whizzy Wheel in action.
While many people tend to think that decals removal is a hard task, it actually is a pretty simple task. All you need to have is the right tools as well as the right decals removal method, depending on the location of the decal on your car surface.
How do I know all this – well I am I, a professional decals and sticker remover. That’s why now we sell the Whizzy Wheel as is the BEST way to Remove Stickers and Decals from Cars
For the years that I have been running this decals/stickers removal business, I have coma cross various decals/stickers removal tasks that require varying removal techniques and tools.
As such, I have tested all the decals removal techniques you can think of. Since you would like to remove the decals on your own, I am going to outline the most appropriate, yet cost effective decals removal techniques you can use on the various surfaces of your car.
Removing Advertising Decals from Car Windows
To remove small decals from a window surface on your car, you have to be very cautious not to scratch or damage the window. In this case, you are going to need a plastic razor blade, a Whizzy Plastic Blade to be precise. Alternatively, you may use the rectangular blades that are meant for box cutters.
- Park the car in the sun to warm the decal: decals are easier to remove when warm.
- If the surface is dirty, you should clean and dry it thoroughly before removing the decals.
- Using the blade, scrape the surface of the decals gently, starting from one end in a back and forth motion.
- Once through, use a glass cleaner to remove any residue left behind.
Removing Decals from Car Body
If the decals you are trying to remove are located on the body of the car, you need to make use of the right tool in order to remove them safely. In this case, a plastic razor blade is going to be too slow.
As such you will need either a wonder wheel or a Whizzy wheel. The Whizzy Wheel is the best tool and the below easy steps will help you remove any decal in minutes:
- Attach the Whizzy wheel you have purchased to a standard domestic drill.
- Adjust the speed of the drill to between 2500 and 4000 RPM (revolutions per minute)
- You should then start the drill and apply the Whizzy wheel to the decal surface, press it gently against the car body and swirl it in a back-to-forth-motion.
- This should remove the decal easily and fast. If any adhesive is left behind after removing the decal, you can use an adhesive remover to wipe it off.
Dos and Don’ts
- Do not use excessive pressure as this will make you scratch the car surface
- Work on a small part of the decal at a time for the best results.
- Do not use metal razor blades on car body because they can damage the paint
Do it yourself advertisement decals removal from the surface of your car is quite an easy task, contrary to what many decals removal professionals might have told you.
With the whizzy wheel at hand, you will be amazed at how easy and fast decals removal can be.
Our Famous Whizzy Wheel in action, taking off car stickers in minutes