This week we had an enquiry on how best to remove decals and stickers from an Airstream (and for those non Americans, that means caravan).
To help our friendly customer we suggested taking the below approach to taking off stickers and decals from his Airstream.
The good news is that as Airstreams are made from aluminium, it makes for an ideal surface to take off the stickers.
Aluminium, unlike plastic is easy to remove stickers from and using a Whizzy Wheel is a guaranteed solution for making the airstream have zero decals left on the surface.
The other goods news is that the retro design of Airstream (recreational vehicles) is coming back into fashion, making them even more popular.
So here is our advise to taking off stickers from an Airstream
**** email to customer ****
In relation to helping your decal / sticker removal job, below are some tips that may help
- Start from the outside of the sticker and work your way inwards
- Ensure you move the whizzy wheel back and forth across the surface to ensure the sticker comes off more easily
- Please use an electric drill, rather than a cordless drill as works a lot better
- Once the stickers have been removed, if there is any adhesive or glue left over, the best (and most economical product) to clean the surface is Citrus Degreaser (this link is just to show what it looks like as Home Depot is USA based). You can get some from your local hardware store for about $10-20/ bottle
- If you need to re-apply any stickers, make sure you wash the surface with soapy water then dry, to remove any citrus degreaser or dirt
(and yes this Airstream image is taken from the good old “yester-years”…. Well before my time)
And for you Airstream buff’s here 11 Airstream facts we found online
- WALLY BYAM WAS A RIDICULOUSLY QUOTABLE MARKETING GENIUS.
- VINCENT PRICE NARRATED A MINISERIES ABOUT THE AIRSTREAM.
- THERE WAS A SQUARE AIRSTREAM.
- THERE ARE EIGHT AIRSTREAMS BURIED NOSE DOWN IN THE GROUND NEXT TO I-4 IN 15 MILES FROM TAMPA, FLORIDA. (EXIT 14 ON THE I-4, NEAR DOVER).
- THOUGH THE COMPANY’S PRODUCT IS OFTEN REFERRED TO AS THE “SILVER BULLET” AIRSTREAM’S SILVER CLOUD MODEL WAS NOT SILVER, NOR BULLET SHAPED.
- BEFORE ALL THE HIPSTERS WERE DOING IT THIS CENTURY, IN THE 1950S, BYAM RECOMMENDED USING THE CHEMEX COFFEE MAKER.
- ALUMINUM TRAILERS (INCLUDING AIRSTREAM) STOPPED PRODUCTION DURING WWII.
- THERE ARE AIRSTREAM HOTELS IN FRANCE AND SOUTH AFRICA.
- THE LOOK OF THE AIRSTREAM TRAILER WAS INSPIRED BY THE STREAMLINE MODERNE DESIGN AESTHETIC.
- PAMELA ANDERSON ONCE OWNED AN AIRSTREAM EQUIPPED WITH A STRIPPER POLE.
- TRAILERING WAS SO POPULAR IN THE EARLY DAYS OF AIRSTREAM THAT IN THE MID 1930S THERE WERE ABOUT 48 TRAILER COMPANIES, BUT WITHIN 5 YEARS THERE WERE 400.
Now if you have read this far, you must be very keen on removing stickers or decals from your Airstream/ caravan/ recreational vehicle.
The good news is we are here to help. We have helped 2560+ people remove decals for all types of situations and if you have a questions or query about the best way to remove stickers from any surface, then let us know today
We are contactable on email@example.com for any questions on removing stickers or call +61 421 001 613 for urgent questions.
(P.S if you want to start today and remove decals from your airstream, then you will be very happy with the result)